21 November, 2006

Geek Clock Lurches into Life!

Took this picture the other evening. The Clock that I have been building out of the carccas of a CD-ROM drive actually does something now! The old optical assembly has a tri-coloured LED replacing the laser and the old door eject motor has been relocated to the top to look interesting. I have just installed an H-drive to control the linear drive for the assembly. I have an unused display from a Nokia phone to provide time telling backup as my method of encoding the time seemed a bit too complicated to Rose & Kate... It also has temperature and pressure monitoring facilities! I have no idea how I am going to calibrate the pressure... Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what is your method of encoding the time?

11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't you calibrate it in the Nautronix pressure chamber?

5:57 AM  
Blogger Hotlblack Desiato said...

that pressure vessel is 0->5000 psi i need about +- 0.1 psi...

8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home