26 July, 2007

You wouldn't read about it!

About a year ago a couple, Monica & Wendell Wilkins, moved into the rental property across the road from us. They were pretty quiet but friendly and we talked a bit about the UK, that the had emigrated from, to escape the cold. Last weekend while I was cutting the last of the skirting board for Declan's room on the front veranda a young lady stopped by asking for them and told me that was was their daughter. I told her people of that name lived there but they didn't have children, (Monica had told me that, sadly she been unable to have children). The Young Lady then told me that they probably wouldn't have remembered having her! She waited around and they came home half an hour later and it seems that she was their daughter!

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

And the people in the picture? Just random posers I take it?

- Won't remember having her, hey? Bizzare

2:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, yeah, right...that daughter.

5:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

okay i've just stumbled across your blog and got to this bit and I NEED TO KNOW MORE! Please can you fill us in on the forgotten daughter please

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home